Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Yooo-Hooo

I am back. I have no idea for how many posts. It might be this single one or maybe I’ll get on a roll and be back for the next month. It is hard to tell. Everyday is different. Some days I want to cry from frustration, other days I laugh until I do cry, and occasionally I am just plain furious. I do realize that I’m blowing my cover and now all my faithful readers know that I’m not practically perfect in everyway, but it’s just the truth.

Today was one of those moments where I was so thankful that I was the daycare provider and not the mama. There are so many situations that I can laugh about because they are not really my problem! Issues that truly fall only in the parenting category. Today’s issue: language. And this isn’t your typical four year old name calling. This didn’t involve the words butt, fart, or stupid. Ohhhh nooo, this surpassed my every expectation. Brace yourselves!



MMP: Hey Michael, why isn’t there a star on the calendar for yesterday? You were great for me. Did you have a rough night?

M: [nonchalantly]: Yeah, I was like f****** crying all night. So ya know, I mommy said no star.

MMP: [stuttering] Ummm, wha, what was wrong? Whaaat, did you just say?

M: Ya know, like I was sorta, kinda weally mad so I was f****** crying all night wong.

MMP: Oh yeah. Sorry you didn’t get that star, dude, but you can’t say that word. You can just say you cried a lot.

M: Ohhhh yeah! Mom told me that was a mean word. So should I just say I was totally dude cryin’ all night?

MMP: Uhhhh yeeah…that will work better.



What in the wooorld?! Now, no one hates that word more than I do. But you’ve got to let the edges of your lips curl just a bit. I mean seriously, the child can’t say my name, L’s, or his sister’s name, but the mother of all cuss words he can pronounce per-fect-ly. Classic.

1 comment:

  1. Bahahahahaha!

    "Should I just say I was totally dude cryin all night?"

    "Uhh, yeah..."

    WAY TO GO Ms. Poppins!! :) Love it!

    Oh man, sounds like Michael needs a bar of soap... or new non-cussing parents? Either way.

    ReplyDelete